WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BREW
- 20-22g Singh Beans Coffee
- Coffee Grinder
- Hot water about 96°C
1. Grind your coffee to a fine grind, finer than table salt. You need enough coffee to fill the filter basket. If you have purchased pre-ground you can skip this step.
2. Boil your water and add the heated water to just below the pressure valve.
3. Fill the basket with coffee, and level the surface.
4. Screw the top and bottom together.
5. Put the moka-pot on the stove, use medium heat. Leave the top lid open.
6. The coffee will begin to come out and you will hear a puffing sound and see a rich-brown stream that will get progressively lighter in colour. Once the stream is the colour of yellow honey, remove from heat source with hot pads and close the lid.
7. Wrap the bottom of the pot in a chilled bar towel or run under cold tap water to stop extraction. We do this to prevent the coffee from developing a metallic taste. The idea here is to get a relatively small amount of coffee which is very concentrated and rich.
8. As soon as the coffee stops bubbling out, pour it into cups or a carafe. You may wish to dilute with hot water depending on preference.