CAFETIÈRE (FRENCH PRESS)
The cafetière is a staple in any coffee lovers repertoire. The coffee this brewer produces typically is dense and heavy. However the coffee magician that is James Hoffman has come up with an amazing method that produces a delicious and clean cup of coffee. Check our the video :- James Hoffman - Ultimate French Press Technique
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Singh Beans Coffee (Cafetière grind)
Cafetière (French Press)
96°C hot water
- Digital Scale
- Warm up your empty French Press by rinsing it with hot water. This helps maintain the temperature while brewing for best extraction.
- Measure out 32g of Singh Beans coffee and grind it to a medium-coarse, finer than you normally would. You can purchase ready ground coffee from us if you haven't got a grinder.
- Now that your French Press is warmed up, discard the hot water, and add the ground coffee into the empty press, and level it.
- Use 500g of hot water and saturate the grounds, making sure that there are no dry spots. Start the timer and wait four minutes.
- At four minutes you will want to stir the bloom gently and then use two spoons to remove it.
- Now the hard part. Do absolutely nothing for 5 minutes. This allows the grounds to settle to the bottom.
- Press down the filter to just below the coffee line. The coffee is ready to pour now.
Pour gently into your favourite mug and Enjoy!